Monday, April 30, 2012

3 Weeks and Counting

Today marks 3 weeks since I was in Arizona last.

I assume that since I have not heard back from my background investigator that things are going well. It's not like I have any skeletons in my closet. I don't really even have a background.

I really hope that I hear back from them this week. I may or may not be checking my e-mail every 5-10 minutes. I'm trying to be patient.

I didn't get Newport. I'm #16 on the eligibility list. Not too shabby. But Earl and I have come to accept that we will be moving this year, it's just a matter of when. And Earl is slowly coming around to accepting the heat aspect of Arizona.

Still no e-mail.

They said that I could hear back as early as 3 weeks. Or as long as 6-8. Heaven help me if I have to wait that long. I guess since I've been in the hiring process since last October, another month or two won't kill me. But I hope I'm not forced to wait that long.

On a side note, this Saturday is the Balboa Island Garage Sale. We're going to try to get rid of a lot of stuff. There will be clothes, shoes, books, and furniture. Earl and I will be sorting through things this afternoon after he gets home from class. We're really trying to sell my bedroom furniture so that we don't have to cart it to Arizona later on. It's really pretty, but really heavy!

Earl wants me to sell my snowboard. Heck no! I sold my SCUBA gear, I'm not getting rid of my snowboard. Or boots. Maybe I'll sell gloves, beanies, and pants...won't really need them in AZ. We'll see.

So that's my Monday morning for you. How's your's shaping out to be?

2 comments:

heather said...

My little brother just got hired with the department of corrections and their back ground checks take forever. Hang in there!!

Megan Jones said...

Thanks Heather! I just found out that the process is moving along. I am just way too impatient!!