Monday, April 16, 2012

Let it Begin

Well, I just barely had my background interview and polygraph last Monday. And I got a call today from one of my references that he had gotten a phone call from my background investigator. 


It's started.


I'm a little nervous/happy/excited/scared all rolled into one that this is actually happening. But I am at peace with it. I'm not freaked out, having panic attacks over the thought of moving. I still may, but for now I'm good. 


Oh, I went in to work today only to turn around and come home again. I got confused on the days and I wasn't really working today. So Earl and I came home (he was going to drop me off so he could have the car for school) and he promptly went back to bed. Of course I was wide awake and the chances of me going back to sleep were slim to none. So I plunked myself down on the futon, wrapped in my robe, with the heater going, and started reading a book. It's a book that I'd read before. Not too exciting, but a good yarn. And I haven't done much since then. And now that it's 1834, I am on page 391 of 486. I just might finish it before bed! It might even be a new record for me. 


Did I mention that I even took time out to take an elderly lady from our ward to a doctor's appointment today and I fixed a steak dinner for me and Earl? Yeah, I'm that good.


Just don't look at the clean laundry piled on the bed and in baskets, waiting to be folded.

1 comment:

Samantha R said...

Nathan is getting a background check done for a higher security clearance. They talked with him during lunch one day and that evening at 5:30 or so, the investigator knocked on my parents' door :) I guess when they want to get those things done, they move fast!