Monday, April 23, 2012

What Would You Do for a Nap?

There's not a whole lot I would do for a Klondike Bar, but right now? I'd do just about anything for a nap.

It's been kind of an exciting day at work. Exciting for southern Orange County actually. We had a small earthquake this morning. A 3.9 in San Juan Capistrano. Not too far away from where I work. I was in the bathroom washing my hands when I heard it, more than felt it. I was pretty sure that we were about to get busy so I went back to my desk and boy was I right!

We were buys for at least 2 1/2 straight hours. It was gnarly. We were down to 2 point cover at one time. That means we had only 2 available units for the 11 cities we provide 911 coverage for.

I'm not sure why people freak out so much when there's an earthquake. Maybe if it was significant, but a 3.9? C'mon people!

Any who...since it was so busy, we had to postpone our lunch. Didn't get to eat til about 2-230. We had Wahoo's. And I devoured it all. And I was still hungry.

About an hour after that I was falling asleep at my desk. I wanted nothing more than to lay down and take a nap. Instead I had a crew go to McDonald's and get me an Oreo McFlurry. I just finished it. It was so good. Definitely hit the spot! But now that the ice cream is gone and I have just under an hour left of work, I'm exhausted again. We're busy again too.

Earl and I had discussed going to the grocery store after he picks me up tonight. I don't think I have the energy to do that now. All I want is to go home and snuggle up to my goober under the covers and fall asleep.  I am yawning so much right now. Am I making you sleepy? I was kind of hoping that by writing this, I would wake up a little.

It's not working.

So maybe I'll go play some Angry Birds for the next 45 minutes. I'm sure I'll be in bed by 830-9 tonight.

And I am so looking forward to it.

No comments: