Tuesday, November 24, 2009

You want to Super-Size that?

I'm sorry, I just need to gripe and vent a little bit. 

I was just looking online at some clothes, "window shopping" I guess, and I started to feel bad about myself and angry at the clothing manufacturers. Not that I'm upset at looking at these rail-thin models who don't know what it's like to eat a cheeseburger, let alone animal style french fries from In-N-Out. No, I was becoming upset at myself because I was looking at skirts and dresses (holy cow I'm shopping for skirts? I hate skirts!) because every skirt/dress that I own is at least 3 years old.

Now this isn't to say that I'm in desperate need of skirts/dresses-I'm not. I guess I'm just bored with what I have. But what was irritating me so badly was the fact that all I could find were skirts that hit above the knee (on an average person) and so would be mid-thigh or higher on me. 

I know that being tall is a blessing, and I should be grateful for it, but when it comes to clothes, I become so discouraged and angry that I give up. I keep wishing that I was shorter. That my legs weren't so long. That my torso wasn't so long. My arms as well. I guess the only solace I have is that I wear men's clothing to work and that's the only reason why it "fits". 

I was even looking at Gap, because I know that they make pants and jeans in "tall" lengths. I was so excited (I've bought them before), but then  I noticed that the models were all wearing high heels with these jeans, because that's the style that they wanted. I just wanted jeans that didn't look like high waters! 

I suppose the only way I'm going to find pants that are long enough is to make them myself. And we all know THAT will never happen. So until the day that pigs fly, I'll just have to settle for pants that are just a little bit too short. 

And I've given up on skirts. I'd wear pj's to church if I could.

No comments: