Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Work, work, work...

While I'm sure everyone has thoughts of gratitude and thanksgiving on their minds, I had to take a moment to express my feelings. 

To start, Earl has been out of work for the past year. He was able to get some construction work for a few days during the late spring/early summer time. This past week, he interviewed at a business called Garys. They are at Fashion Island, the mall in Newport Beach. Well, the lady called him back and said that they wanted to make an offer to him. It's a part time cashier position, and I believe it is only seasonal. But they offered $10/hr and he is at his first shift right now!!!

When Earl texted me at work yesterday and told me the wonderful news, I was so thrilled that I actually teared up! This is a huge blessing in our lives, one that we've been praying for for a long time. 

So while I am sad that I am home alone (I already worked my shift at Sport Chalet today) I am excited that Earl is at work!

Now there are three sources of income in our little family. Hopefully we will be able to keep it all in savings, preparing for a rainy day!

2 comments:

Samantha R said...

Awesome! I am so happy for you guys!

Health By Lisa said...

yaaaaaaaahoooooooooooo!!!!!! so glad to hear!