Sunday, November 15, 2009

Responsiblity People! Please!

Can someone please tell me what the fascination is about throwing trash and other various objects into the back of pickup trucks? I own a Chevy Silverado and I love it. It's my truck, and although I live in the city and can't fully justify owning a full-size truck, until I have kids and require more seating space, this is my ride.

I have experienced the Del Taco bags, newspaper ads, water bottles, fast food cups and who knows what else thrown into the bed of my truck. Is it so hard to find a trashcan? Maybe. I like to think that I'm responsible enough to throw away my own trash into the proper container. Except for batteries. I guess you're not supposed to put them in with the regular trash. Weird, I know. 

Anyway, back on subject, earlier this week I picked up a couple of hours on Friday at Sport Chalet working from 6am-10am. Now, for those of you who do not normally see me in the morning, I am not a morning person. At all. So as I was driving to work in the wee hours of dark-thirty, I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. 

Then, as I was much more awake at 10, and on my way home, I could hear something rattling around in the back. I just figured some bozo had thrown his trash in my truck again. When I got home, I got out, fuming, that someone did this AGAIN. I took a step to the back and peered over the side to find a pumpkin! No, not just one-TWO! Two very whole, non moldy, pretty, orange pumpkins! I think I would have expected this the day after Halloween, with nasty, cut up, broken up jack'o'lantern. Nope, these two were still in good shape. 

So, being flabbergasted, I called my wonderful husband who was at home, and told him about my find. We proceeded about our day, as we were going to see '2012' in about two hours' time. Awesome movie by the way, great special effects.

We threw away the pumpkins, for we had no need for them. Totally random, I know! We still don't know where they came from, never will I suppose. 

This leads me to my next little gripe. We have assigned parking spaces at my apartment complex and there isn't much parking on the street. Well, our spot just happens to be right in front of the complex clubhouse. So it seems that whenever somebody reserves the clubhouse for a party or get together of some sort and we come home in the middle of it, we are without a spot and have to rudely interrupt the festivities. 

Sometimes there isn't even a party going on and our space is taken. It's very frustrating because then we have to call the tow company that is contracted with the complex and provide a copy of our leasing agreement to prove that the spot is ours. I guess I just don't understand why people feel that it is okay to park in a spot that is reserved for someone other than themselves. Grrr!!! 

It just makes me angry. Life would be so much simpler if people acted responsibly. Is that too much to ask for? So please, the next time you have an empty water bottle or fast food bag, find a trashcan, not a truck to put it in. And be respectful of reserved parking spaces. They are there for a reason!!

**On a side note, there was a party Friday night at the clubhouse and someone parked in our spot. Had to ask them to move. Saturday morning when I went out to go to work, some of the party's popped balloons and ribbon were in the truck bed. I guess someone hasn't graduated from diapers yet!**

No comments: