Monday, November 9, 2009

Very Random, Not Sure What to Call This One

While I don't consider myself to be a housewife, I am trying to become one. Kind of. I don't feel that I lead a very exciting life. And I don't have cute kids to tell funny stories about. I guess sadly enough, my excitement comes from cooking. I'm sure that if my mom were to read this, she would be so proud!

Well, not to disappoint you Mom, but dinner tonight wasn't from scratch! It wasn't macaroni and cheese either though, so I guess that's a step in the right direction! 

Earl and I went to see 'A Christmas Carol' today with Amy and Lisa and had a wonderful time. Great movie! We were on our way home and stopped in at our favorite store, Target, for some light grocery shopping. Neither one of us could really decide on what to eat for dinner, so we walked up and down the aisles waiting for inspiration to strike. We decided to try the Bertolli skillet meals. And figured it would be good, seeing as it said right there on the package, "A complete skillet meal for two" and we're only 2!

So we came home, opened the mail, did up some dishes from earlier in the day, and I got started "making" dinner. 

Step 1: Cut open bag
Step 2: Pour contents into skillet (I cheated and used a stock pot because I don't have a 12 inch skillet, which is recommended for this meal)
Step 3: Cover and stir occasionally

And ten minutes later dinner was served! I must say, it tasted really good. I'll have to remember to look for coupons for them! I slaved and sweated over this meal, after all, it did cook on medium-high heat...But it turned out well. 

I know, cooking stories aren't very exciting. Maybe next time I'll share some pictures and stories from our honeymoon cruise to Mexico. It was my first time on a cruise, and first time out of the country. Took a couple of cute pictures, maybe I won't post up the pictures of me in a swimsuit...don't want to blind you with my extremely white legs...heck I don't even like to see them! Well I think I have started to ramble...guess that means it is time to wrap this up. 

Maybe this week I'll have some more funny work stories to tell...Can't wait for it to start snowing in the mountains...although I'm afraid I'm very much out of shape for snowboarding. But that's what I'm looking forward to this winter!

No comments: