Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Dreaming the Day Away

I've been in a funk the last week or so. I'm trying to get over it. And one of the things that I'm doing is dreaming of a possible future. In this future, Earl and I move to Arizona. And we move into the apartment complex that I'm in love with. Of course I would prefer my own house, but until that becomes a reality, I'll dream of this apartment:

The apartment that has a bay window in the dining room.
And an open kitchen.
And a roman soaking tub.
And separate entrances for the bedroom and bathroom.
Full size washer and dryer.
Built-in desk just off the living room.
Walk-in closet.
External storage.
Private deck/balcony.
Pools and fitness room open 24 hours.
Gated community.
Accepts pets!

The downside? It's more expensive than what we wanted to pay. It's about $699 right now. That is considerably less than what we pay now. I'd feel better if it was even less. But in my dream world, this would be my home. Plus, it's actually achievable. If we actually do move, Earl would get a job (part- or full-time) and we would be able to afford this apartment.

*Sigh*

I'm trying to not be too picky in my search. Basically I don't want to move to an apartment that is smaller that what we are currently in. I'm not requiring a brand-spanking-new unit with all the amenities. Really what my criteria are are as follows:

  • As big or bigger than our current living space
  • Must have a washer/dryer in the unit
  • Must accept pets
That's not too much, is it? Oh, I forgot, it MUST have AC!

**facepalm**

How can a person legitimately plan on living in Arizona and forget about the AC? Man, my lack of sleep lately is really getting to me!

What are some of the things you guys require of a potential living space? Have I left out anything major?

3 comments:

Cath said...

Honey, unless you're REALLY in the ghetto, they all have AC. It's just a given.

Samantha R said...

Love that layout!

heather said...

SO, I don't know what the markets are like right now, but a few years ago you could rent a pretty decent house for $699/month. We were getting $750/month for our 1300sq ft house with a large backyard that backed up to a golf course AND we were LUCKY to be getting that much. SO... I guess a lot depends on the area you are moving to, but don't rule out rental houses because you think you can't afford them.