Friday, March 9, 2012

Diplomas, Birth Certificates, and Marriage Licenses, Oh My!

I'm in backgrounds with Gilbert, AZ police dispatch.

Part of what is required is that I prove who I am. And by doing so I must produce a copy of my birth certificate as well as my marriage license.

I found my marriage license easily. Since it was acquired most recently.

But my diploma is MIA. And I couldn't find my birth certificate.

I figured I could just contact Texas for my birth certificate and get a copy. So I checked their website and they said that to request one by mail, to allow 10-15 business days! I have to have my whole packet in Arizona by the 19th of this month! So now I'm freaking out a little.

So I went over to my parents' house. Surely my mom would have a copy, right? RIGHT! Oh I was so relieved! So I have 2 of 3 required documents. Now for my diploma...

I graduated from high school 10 years ago. Wow...10 years...and what have I done with my life? I got married. I'm actually working in the field in which I went to college for. I didn't get a college degree, but I have the experience to back me.

So yeah, 10 years ago. I have no clue where my diploma is. I have had no reason/desire to see it. I'm sure it's buried somewhere in a box. But I just don't have the motivation or time to dig through a million boxes. Just ain't gonna happen I tell ya!

So I went to my old school and ordered an official sealed transcript. That should suffice for a diploma, right? Gosh I hope so. I'll be sending an e-mail to my background investigator to verify that.

This is very intense! But hopefully something will come of it.

On a side note, somewhat related, I tested for Irvine police dispatch this week. And I'm testing for Newport Beach police dispatch next Friday. Just putting lots of feelers out for possible new jobs. It would be nice to get hired with either Irvine or Newport because then we wouldn't be moving. We would stay by family. We wouldn't incur the cost of moving. But at the same time, I almost feel as though we need to move in order to grow. Not that we are smothered or sheltered here by family, just that I feel it is time to move on.

Does that make sense?

I hope so.

Now it's time to go back to playing "Draw Something". It's a new game on my phone that I play against my friends. It's like pictionary.

And it's really addicting.

No comments: