Monday, February 6, 2012

High Hopes

So there's a song I have running through my head right now. I don't know the name of the song, or the words, other than those of the title. I'm sure it's from a movie or stage show.

Why am I telling you this? Because someone told me I have a cute blog! Now I'm nervous that they have high hopes for my blog! What if I don't write something cute? Or funny? What if it's just me? Oi, I think I have a headache...

Eh, I guess it doesn't matter. I write this blog for me, right? At least that's how it started. Well, I guess I started it so that my friends and family could read what's going on in my life too.

The problem is I don't have a lot going on in my life. I mean, I do, I'm almost always busy, but it's the same thing every week. I work Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday at Doctor's. And on Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday I work at the barn. Thursday nights I have choir practice. Sunday's I go to church.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

Earl goes to school Monday through Thursday.

When we're home we watch movies or TV shows on Netflix. And play with the cat.

We need to go grocery shopping this week.

I've lost my train of thought. Again.

Dang it.

And this is why I question why I have a blog. If you read this, all you did was waste time. I apologize for that.

I guess we did do something out of the ordinary yesterday. We went up to Long Beach for a Super Bowl party with some friends. I made yellow cake mix cookies with chocolate frosting. The game wasn't amazing, the commercials seemed to be lacking. But the friends were always good. And so was the food.

And when Earl and I got home, I took 1 Tylenol PM, he took some melatonin (we both have issues sleeping) and watched an episode of The X Files. It was quiet, relaxing, and just what I needed.

Have I wasted enough of your time yet? Yes? Okay, good.

No comments: