Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Events of the Upcoming Weekend (and then some...)

Here I sit at work again. This time we are pretty busy. We've had 43 trips since I got on at 0700 and it's only 1109 now. Not too shabby.

I'm looking forward to this weekend. On Friday night my choir is recording for a Christmas CD. They will continue recording Saturday morning, but I was not able to get Saturday off work so I won't be joining them that morning.

And then on Sunday Earl and I will be heading out to Arizona. I have my interview on Monday morning at 0945. I'm a little LOT nervous about it. But I know it will be okay. I'm trying to not think about it and psych myself out.

We will also look at some more apartments while out there. There are about 4 or 5 more complexes that I want to see.

I just got an e-mail saying that my application to Irvine PD dispatch has been reviewed and they will contact me next week. I've also gotten an e-mail inviting me to test for Mesa PD dispatch (Arizona as well) and I just need to schedule that.

So Earl and I may be having date night this week on Thursday, since OCMCO rehearsal has been cancelled. Or not. We'll see.

One thing that is somewhat being overshadowed on Monday is our anniversary. This marks 3 years for me and Earl. We will continue our tradition and get a small cake and blow out candles. Yes, we're silly, but this is something that we have started and will continue for years to come. I mean, why not have a cake and celebrate another year of wedded bliss? I like it. He likes it. And we get cake!

And who doesn't like cake?


(If you responded that you don't like cake, I'm not sure that we can be friends anymore.)

2 comments:

Me said...

dude now you've got me wanting cake!

Samantha R said...

Good luck tomorrow!