Thursday, March 17, 2011

New Year's Resolution in March?

I have been chastised and called to repentance.

Last night was the Newport Beach Stake Women's Conference. I've never been to a women's conference before. They are almost always on Saturday and I always work on Saturday. Last night's theme was "My Story Matters." And the speaker talked about how we as women need to record our life story.

I don't keep a daily journal. Not because I don't like to, it's that I don't feel that I have enough interesting events going on in my life that are worth recording.

I'm not a world traveler. I've only been out of the country once-on my honeymoon-on a cruise-doesn't really count-we only went to Mexico. I have dreams of one day going to Fiji, New Zealand, Australia, the Bahamas, Sweden, Germany, and Ireland. Half of those places are dive locations. The other half are for family history. It's where my family came from and I would love to know where, and see where they lived.

I'm not a mom. Yet. I don't have funny stories to tell about what my crazy kids did today. I don't have silly pictures to post. Not a bad thing. And rest assured-those posts will be coming in the next few years!

For now I am a dispatcher. I send ambulances to people when they call 911. (Whether they actually NEED an ambulance is another issue.) I work 3 12hr shifts a week. I leave when it's dark out. I come home as the last bits of sunshine fade away into darkness.

I am a wife. I am married to a wonderful man who loves me unconditionally. He takes care of the house because I don't have the energy or time when I come home from work. We are silly together. And nauseatingly cute when we are out in public. Who knew that after 2 years of marriage we would still hold hands every chance we get?

I'm a volunteer. I go to Back Bay Therapeutic Riding Club three days a week and give of my time to help disabled kids get stronger. Plus I get to play with horses!

I sing. I am a member of the Orange County Mormon Choral Organization. I sing 1st Alto. I am privileged to be in this organization. I love singing in a professional choir. It's hard work, but I love the sound that is made when 200 voices sing in harmony.

So this is my first entry in my thirty day journal/blog. I have to remember to write everyday. Keep me honest about it!

1 comment:

Samantha R said...

I still love holding hands with my hubby after nearly 7 years :) Can't wait to see you! In the mean time I will enjoy reading your posts!!!