Monday, March 21, 2011

Work, Work, More Work, and Babies?

I work with all men. I am the only female dispatcher. I don't mind. I actually get along better with guys than I do with girls.

About two years ago, there was a rash of pregnancies at work. It seemed as if you were married (some weren't), you got pregnant, or rather, your wife was pregnant. I think that at least 14 babies were born in the last 1-2 years.

I was not one of them.

Now it seems that round two has started. 2 people have announced that child #2 is on the way. Others have announced that they are trying.

I'm not one of them.

I think I need chocolate.

Lots of chocolate.

But in the meantime, Earl has found some temporary work. A lady in our ward needed a temp receptionist while her regular person was out on medical leave for two weeks.

I am grateful for this income. We will be able to use it to pay off a bill or two. And perhaps put some in savings.

I anxiously look forward to the day when we have our debts paid off. To the day when we can have a family of our own. For now, I wait. And fill my days with work, work, more work, horses, and choir.

2 comments:

Jenny K. said...

cookies!

Mary said...

I know that feeling of EVERYONE around you being pregnant. It kinda stinks a lot! Chocolate, cookies and prayers are things that help.