Friday, March 18, 2011

Getting Old Already!

Well today was...today was...not exciting. I can't say that I have anything to report. I worked at Back Bay today. Then Earl and I went to Costco. And then hung out with my family.

I did attempt to make homemade fried mozzarella. Turned out okay. What you do is take a chunk of fresh mozzarella (we found that the smaller the chunk, the better) and wrapped it in pizza dough. The store-bought kind in the tube is what we used. Then you deep fry it. And then cover it with marinara. I just dipped mine in spaghetti sauce. Pretty yummy!

I attempted to call my doctor today. I'm having knee issues. Along with the hip and leg and back issues. And migraine issues. Anyway, basically on Sunday night as I was coming down the stairs, my right knee started to click. Didn't hurt, so I went about my normal routine and didn't think anything of it. Then on Monday, it hurt so bad! All day at work all I could think about was putting my brace on. So Tuesday I wore my brace to work. Just going from sitting to standing or vice versa hurt like the dickens. Wore my brace Wednesday and Thursday as well. Then Thursday evening as I was getting ready for OCMCO rehearsal, I checked my knee for swelling, just like I had been doing all week (without any swelling or discoloration) and my right knee was about 50% bigger than my left! So after rehearsal, where I sat with my leg up on a chair, I iced and elevated my knee, hoping to bring down some of the swelling.

When I got up this morning, there was no change. Even after keeping my leg propped up ALL NIGHT LONG and forcing myself to sleep on my back which is the most UNCOMFORTABLE thing EVER!

So imagine my frustration when I go to call my doc today at 1230 and I get a recording that the office is closed. Not for lunch, for the rest of the day! Man, I wish I could only work half days! Must be nice! So now I have to wait til Monday to call and schedule an appt. And who knows when that will be!

So in the meantime, I'm 27 years old and falling apart. Can I trade in this model for a new one? I think the manufacturers gaurantee has worn off!

No comments: