Saturday, April 30, 2011

Choir and Coughs

Today is my first BIG choir performance. I'm super excited. And nervous. And scared.

I know the songs better than I give myself credit for. You see, it all has to be memorized. I'm not so great at memorizing stuff. I have to use it, or do it, over and over again. I need the muscle memory. I just have to have the faith that when it is time, it will come back to me.

What I'm scared about is the fact that my voice is at about 50% at best. I started getting a sore throat on Wednesday. Thought I was getting the flu too. Had the aches, a headache, a little nausea. There were times that I was pretty dang sure I had a fever too.

The aches have gone now. I'm still a little nauseous, but I think that's because I had top ramen for dinner at 2200 last night. It's not a good idea to do that. Don't do it. I was desperate for something hot and quick. Now I'm regretting it!

But I still have a wicked sore throat. I'm hoarse. I'm coughing. And my call time is 1045 this morning! I will be making a run to Rite Aid pretty soon to get some more cough drops and cough syrup. Wish me luck!

For the adventurous, or anybody living in the SLC area, go here for information on our concert in June. Tickets aren't available yet, but will be soon!

For now, I'm going to file my nails and maybe put a clear coat of polish on so they look nice.

And try to keep my nervous tummy settled. And attempt to eat some breakfast.

1 comment:

Samantha R said...

Hope it went well! Can't wait to see you!