Friday, May 6, 2011

Dreams and Lions

I couldn't sleep last night. So now I'm up and blogging. You guys get to reap the benefits of my lack of sleep! Aren't you so lucky?

So two nights ago I had some odd dreams. One was of a family reunion. We were in a very strange area and it was just weird. I won't go in to details because it wasn't that important.

The other dream I had was set back in Plano, in our old house. I was 9. Tyler was a baby. I was babysitting. And he had fallen asleep for a nap so I went to put him in his crib only to find the side railing was broken and I needed to fix it. So I put Tyler in the guest room on a mattress that was on the floor (to my memory, there was never just a mattress on the floor but a full size bed with a wrought iron (or was it cast iron?) head/foot board). I went about fixing the crib. And that's about all of the dream, I won't bore you with little details.

I believe that the reason I had this dream was because right before going to bed, I had texted with my mom that Tyler was going to be ordained an Elder this Sunday at church. I have a hard time coming to the realization that my little baby brother is growing up.

Well I WAS going to share some pictures of how big he's gotten, but they aren't working. So my baby brother is now about 6'4" and 215lb. This last year in football, he was a head taller than everybody else. He just passed his Eagle Board of Review, and in that picture is taller than all the leaders. Then I was going to share a picture from when he was like 12 or 13 and was a scrawny little redhead with glasses and so adorable! But you will have to take my word for it!

My baby brother is growing up. He's going to college next year. University of Utah to be exact. And then he's going on a mission. He isn't 2 and curled up on my lap like a little baby lion anymore (The Lion King came out about that age and we watched it 2-3 times a day). But I still love this kid. I'm happy to see that he is progressing in life.

And last night, who knows why I couldn't sleep. Woke up at 0230 burning up and had to turn the fan on. Tossed and turned the rest of the night. So I hope that tonight brings more sleep to me! I do love sleep. And food.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Heehee! Wait until you are pregnant and can't sleep! I wake up at 3 am every night sometimes more often! I think it is the body slowly preparing you to go without sleep when the baby comes! Although when my baby comes I don't know how I can possibly sleep; I'll be too excited! So just think of it as practice for when you have a little one!

Megan Jones said...

I actually blame my inability to sleep through the night on working on the ambulance. Only once or twice while on shift did I sleep through the night. So while it is good to become accustomed to it, I am not yet pregnant and would love all the sleep I can get!