Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Safe!

Well I have been on one heck of an emotional roller coaster the last 2 weeks. First it was the usual girly hormones raging, then it was trading in my baby (truck) for a new car, then it was drama with the dealership, and then there's always work, and the horses, and choir, and I single-handed infected our desktop with a vicious hijacker of a virus, and I am selling my scuba gear this morning.

Did I leave anything out?

Okay, so to start it off, I traded in my truck. We traded for a 2011 Honda Civic LX. It's quite a step down from the truck size-wise, but I will admit that the fuel efficiency is very strongly winning my affection. It is white with beige cloth interior. It's an automatic with power windows, doors, mirrors, and has cruise control. All things I have never had in a car. When we were at the dealership, and it became a reality that we were not leaving with my truck, I cried. I bawled. I mean, who does that over a car? I cried on the way home. I cried laying in bed. But life goes on and we now get around 30mpg.

Choir is going well. We have just one more week before the performance. I know than I give myself credit for. And I know that all that I have learned will come back to me the night of the performances.

Back Bay is also going well. I attended a show on the 10th and it was a lot of hard work. Beautiful day out, got some sun too. The High Point Awards for the day were given to two of our students!

My knee is better. Still pains me some when going up and down the stairs, but overall an improvement from a month ago! My hip is starting to flare up again which is an annoyance but I feel it is an annoyance that I must live with.

I found a buyer the other night for my scuba gear. I wish I was able to sell it for more, but this money will put a huge dent in a credit card bill, or I can put it towards our Utah trip come June. Both are practical applications, if I was REALLY smart I would put it in savings and not touch it! But really, who does that? So the gal will be here in about a half hour and I will say goodbye to yet another chapter in my life. Not that I'm done with scuba diving. It is a life-long certification that never needs renewal. Some day I will dive again, just not right now.

I don't know what else to say. I know there is something left to say but I can't quite put a finger on it. So perhaps this is my rambling time! The last couple of weeks I've had to do some thinking. When I traded in my truck, I felt like I was losing a part of who I am. I've always been a truck girl. Always. Even before I could drive, I was in love with the Ford F150. I am still a truck girl at heart, but now I drive a little sedan. I feel like I blend in with the other 10,000 Civics on the road. I know I shouldn't let a vehicle define who I am, but I did. I felt tough in my truck. I sat higher up and could see things. Now I'm low to the ground and feel insignificant. I'm afraid that other drivers won't see me and squish me like an ant. But the good thing is that when we are blessed with children, there will be room in the back seat for them. I don't know when this will happen, but i'm planning on keeping this car for a long time.

It's amazing how time changes you. I haven't been scuba diving in years. I haven't been snowboarding either. I'm afraid that if I were try to board, I would fall and hurt myself. I think I have gotten to the point where I realize I am NOT invincible and I think I'm okay with that. I still love diving and boarding. I still love soccer too. But my body can't handle those activities any longer. I have moved on to a new stage in my life where it's not about the activities I do, but the people I'm with.

Enough philosophical ramblings for one morning. Have a great day!

No comments: