Thursday, December 15, 2011

Messiah In America

I'm feeling guilty this morning. I didn't get out of bed until 10.

It was glorious.



Last night Earl and I met up with my folks at the CD Release Celebration for OCMCO & EVMCO's joint effort last June, "Messiah in America." We recorded a 34 movement oratorio based on Christ's visit to the Americas as recorded in 3 Nephi in the Book of Mormon. I'm not a scriptorian by any means. But this oratorio was amazing. Such a testimony builder. But what was so powerful and wonderful was the joining of two choirs to produce such a massive sound. It was out of this world amazing. I started listening to the CD as soon as we got in the car to drive home. Listening to the sound that approximately 400 adults produced, it's no wonder I lost my voice last spring after our concert!



I wanted to share this with whoever reads my blog because I believe in the message of the music. It can be a great way to share the gospel with people. One of the best ways to invite the spirit is through music. And when we were recording movement #33, right as we got to the climax of the song, I got chills, goosebumps, and started to cry. After we stopped, I looked at the women all around me and they had felt the same thing. The line that got us all was, "They shall know their Redeemer." Talking about people who had never seen, never met, some had never heard of Christ, would know Him. Do we really know Him? Imagine being there, and seeing the Son of God. Would you know it was Him?

So that's my little blurb for today. If you want to purchase the CD, you may do so by going here.

And by linking up that website, I was again brought to tears by the song playing. Gosh I'm such an emotional sap!

This would totally make a great Christmas present, by the way. Just saying.

3 comments:

Me said...

I second that there are ALWAYS messages in music whether it be good or bad! I liked it!

Samantha R said...

I am going to drop a hint to my hubby...maybe he will get me the music for Christmas!

Mary said...

Is the CD being sold in all stores or online somewhere? or can it be downloaded to iTunes?