Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011

It's the last day of the year. So I'm feeling a little nostalgic I guess.

So here's my year in review, in no particular order. And I'm sure I'll forget something.

While volunteering at the barn, I was given the opportunity to become the office manager and earn some extra, much-needed money. I love this job, the people, the horses, everything about it!

I became a member of the Orange County Mormon Choral Organization and was blessed with the opportunity to go to Salt Lake City and record "Messiah in America" with the East Valley Mormon Choral Organization. We also sang in the historic Tabernacle. What an amazing, once in a lifetime opportunity. Listening to the CD, I am moved to tears at different parts of the oratorio at different times. I love the whole thing!

Back in June, on the day we got back from SLC, we had an addition to our family. We got a kitten named Sage. She is such a cute little cuddly terror. She is a great comfort to both Earl and me. She gets into all sorts of trouble, jumping up on surfaces where she shouldn't be, but we love her anyway!

I started the hiring process for the Gilbert, AZ Police Department Dispatch. I have taken and passed the first test, took the second test and am now waiting to hear back on whether or not I get to move on in the process. I should hear back sometime next week, hopefully.

I spent Christmas this year battling food poisoning/stomach flu. Worked the day shift on Christmas Eve and then headed over to my folks after work. Started throwing up about 10pm and didn't stop until 4:30am. Stayed home from church on Sunday and just hung around home. Called off work for Monday (a first for my employment at Doctor's) and was finally feeling human by Tuesday night.

And now here I sit at work on New Year's Eve. It's been a good year. Difficult at times. Painful at others. But the hope and promise of 2012 keeps me going. I hope that you have a Happy New Year and may all your dreams come true!

1 comment:

heather said...

Food poisoning is the worst! Sorry it had to hit over Christmas!