Saturday, March 13, 2010

Yay For Me!

So I didn't really think that I would go this far, but I have almost completely cut soda from my diet. It all started as me trying to not drink caffeinated soda like Coke, Dr. Pepper, and my favorite, Mt. Dew Code Red.

You see, I get headaches. Bad ones. And my body is very sensitive to caffeine. So when I drink a coke every day with lunch and then suddenly don't have one, my head starts to pound. And the only way to please the Headache God is to give an offering of caffeine, either through a soda or my favorite, Excedrin (which has caffeine in it as well).

So for the past 2 weeks I have been substituting water or juice or milk for the soda. I'm doing good so far. I've had just two sodas, and I didn't even drink the whole thing. I can't say that my headaches have gone away, I don't think they ever will. But if this helps, then it is a lifestyle/diet change for life!!

No comments: