Monday, March 22, 2010

WANTED: Decapitation!

Well, the whole no soda/caffeine thing didn't really work.

No, that's not true. It may have worked. But Friday night at around 930 my head started to hurt. I wasn't about to take an excedrin (which has caffeine) right before bed and then have trouble sleeping. So I had a little snack before bed and went to sleep.

Woke up at about 215am to use the restroom and my head was still pounding. Then my alarm went off at 530 and my day began.

And there was no relief in sight. You see, it was swallows weekend in San Juan Capistrano. It's the time of year that those birds come back to the area. And they have a parade. And people get drunk. And then they fight. And let's just say that alcohol is not a good additive to a population of over 75,000 in one city for one day.

So we were busy. I wanted to curl up in a ball and sleep. Oh how I wanted sleep! But by about 430pm, I had had some food, and two wonderful prescription pills in my system and was feeling almost human again.

I really wish that I didn't get migraines. They are horrible and debilitating. And I just plain don't like them! Then again, I can't think of anyone who does...

So that was my weekend...How was yours?

(Okay, I don't REALLY want to cut off my head, but sometimes it's the only way I think the pain would go away.)

No comments: