Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Who Can Relate?

I have to record this before I forget it.

Yesterday at work I had a hankering for something sweet. It was early afternoon, it could be passed for dessert after my lunch.

Anyway, so I grabbed $1 from my wallet and headed to the vending machine with the intent of getting a bag of peanut butter M&M's. I put my money in, entered the code, and watched as the bag moved forward, and got stuck.

STUCK.

My peanut butter and chocolate in a hard candy shell did not drop. I was ready to cry. I couldn't even shake the vending machine. I had to get help. I couldn't leave my sugary goodness hanging by the corner of the bag, waiting for someone else to come along and get it!

I went in search of help.

For those of you who may not know, I work at a company that manufactures custom windows and doors. The shop floor is 99% male. And half of them most likely don't speak English (not trying to be mean or racist, it's just the nature of the business I'm in). I was on a mission. I had to find someone who I knew would understand my plight and be willing to take a minute from their schedule to help a poor pregnant woman in need of a chocolate and peanut butter fix.

I found one such person. I love him.

Not like that! But he made my day so much better because he was able to shake the vending machine and retrieve my peanut butter M&M's. All was right in the world after that.

And that was my day.

No comments: