Thursday, January 21, 2010

Rain, Tornadoes, and Coughs, Oh My!

So here we are in the middle of storm #3. It's raining. There's supposed to be thunderstorms later with the possibility of hail and tornadoes also.

It's 1045 and I'm awake. I say this only because I'm supposed to be asleep right now. You see, I worked the graveyard shift last night and got home at around 0745. So I'm supposed to be asleep. I normally will sleep til noon and then get up and shower and go about my day.

But not today. No, today HAD to be special.

You see, for the past few days I've been fighting a losing battle with my voice. I officially lost that battle on Tuesday, and let's just say that trying to talk on the radio was not fun. I had to repeat myself many times because the crew couldn't hear what I said.

Now my voice is a little stronger, but I have developed a wonderful cough. It's not productive. I get a stupid little tickle in my throat that forces me to either clear my throat or go about hacking for the next few seconds. And if I cough too long or hard then I run the risk of triggering that oh-so-strong gag reflex I have and that just wouldn't be pretty.

So yes, I'm awake, it's raining, I'm cold, I'm coughing, and I'm eating leftover red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting for breakfast.

Did I mention that we were under a tornado warning on Tuesday afternoon? I'd expect that from the midwest, not Orange county...Guess I should be ready for anything with 2012 right around the corner-not that the world is going to end in 2012 (I think that's just a big 'ol load of bull-honkey).

Have a fantastic day to those who took the time to read my not-so-interesting blog today!

No comments: